Friday, February 10, 2012

Ready or Not here I go!

I believe that life consists of moments that can alter it's course forever.  In life we set goals and sometimes we follow through and sometimes we don't.  This blog is one of those moments.  One month ago, I entered my very first 5k race.  I am NOT a runner.  But amazingly in the last 4 weeks I have run my first mile, then 2 miles, and this last Monday I ran 3.2 miles.  I'm slow....I mean really slow, but surprisingly I don't care.  I feel like obstacles are EVERYWHERE!  At the moment, I have shin splints that could probably kill a large elephant, seriously, it hurts just to walk....but I choose to do this.  I choose to be healthy.  I choose to finally lose some weight.  I choose to run.  Join me on my journey....trust me, I'm going to need the company.

4 comments:

  1. I am your cheerleader Tay!!! So excited to see where this running journey of yours takes you. AND I'm hoping that the nasty picture of me makes the blog. Because even though I'm sweaty and gross, I would still feel kind of special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Erin...don't you worry! I have a feeling you will be a HUGE part of this journey! You'll be mentioned on here more than you'll want to be! lol.

      Delete
  2. You seriously rock!! I'm excited to read this!! .....and I want a sweaty picture of me on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you've started this blog. I will definitely be following you. You inspire me in so many ways. Excited to see what you do next :)

    ReplyDelete