Thursday, February 16, 2012

To run or not to run....

So today I took a much needed sick day from work.  Lately I feel run-down!  I'm pretty sure my thyroid is acting up...again!  I'm on a new set of meds and I'm not sure my body likes them.  On a brighter note today I decided to try running!  After almost one week without it (other than the walk/jog I did on Tuesday for school) I was curious how my shins would hold up.  I decided that I would run until they started hurting....okay they ALWAYS hurt, but I would run until they hurt ALOT!  I wanted to go at least one mile and what a coincidence that at 1.03 mi they started burning.  So I stopped.  Here are my stats:
13:46 minutes; best pace was 10:37; 1.03 miles; 152 calories

They hurt pretty bad after I stopped so I walked for a while and stretched.  Once I got back home I iced and popped some IBprofin.  As of tonight they feel pretty good!  I think I might try a one-miler tomorrow too.  I guess we'll see how I feel in the morning.  It felt good to run.  I've been feeling guilty for not doing it the last couple days, so hopefully these shins will hold up! 

P.S. Just about 2 wks and counting until the BIG day!!! My very first race! THE 5K!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment